Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 27, 2010

Five years - looking back

August 2005 was when I boarded a KLM 777 to San Francisco. In a plane full of strangers, I spent my first official working day at Cisco Systems. More than half of those strangers were actually colleagues but at the time I only knew very few of them. It was a day that marked many things in my life yet only one of them really fits the context of this blog: in my carry-on sat a brand new Nikon D50, my very first DSLR. I knew the years ahead would be special in many respects, starting with a week in SanFran followed immediately by a previously booked holiday in Portugal. That was a good enough reason to go fetch the Nikon and to give it my best while I was away. 


Perhaps it was beginner's luck, but anyway, this is the picture that got me hooked on photography. It was taken in Frisson, a dinner lounge on Jackson St in SanFran's financial district. I used the 18-55mm kitlens and an SB-600. Apparently the place is closed now, but the memory remains:

No comments:

Post a Comment